[thelist] Embedding JPEGS/GIFS in HTML Email.

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 22:12:57 CST 2001

Hi,
Embedding JPEG's and GIF's in an e-mail is very simple. Just use an e-mail
client (commonly known as e-mail program) like Microsoft's Outlook Express.
There is an option to insert pictures (JPEG's and GIF's) in this e-mail
program. I also use Outlook Express.
Alert:    Some web-based e-mail users among your recipients may see only
placeholder symbols instead of pictures. They will have to download images
from attachments. In this case, the recipient will not see any symbol of
attachments. I don't know why does it happen but I guess it is a server
problem.
If your recipient also uses an e-mail client (commonly known as e-mail
program) like Microsoft's Outlook Express, then he will (I strongly hope as
I have experienced) have no problem in receiving such pictures. Another way
is, ATTACH JPEG's and GIF's with the e-mail. However, it's a good idea to
use an e-mail program for e-mails, it's really a time saver.
Syed Zeeshan Haider.