[thelist] multiple documents into 1 download

Lindsay Evans lindsay at redsquare.com.au
Tue Dec 11 22:32:53 CST 2001

> Situation  =  we have a form interface, and the user is to select
> the files they want via checkboxes, then click the download
> button to get them all in one go.  The compiling of many files
> into one needs to be done automatically server-side.

depends what server side language you are using, really.

cold fusion - look into cfx_gzip, cfx_zip or cfx_jzip on Developers
Exchange - we've successfully used cfx_zip for almost the exact same purpose
on a rather large site.

asp - I've used DynaZip in the past and it works well
[http://www.innermedia.com/html/dynazip.htm]

php - take a look at the gz* functions:
[http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.zlib.php]

or on any of them just make a system call to your favourite command line
compression/archiving tool

--
 Lindsay Evans.
 Developer,