[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Wed Dec 12 03:18:38 CST 2001

The point of coding to accommodate *all* browsers and not just DOM compliant
ones (by using recommendations set by the W3C) is that when new browsers are
released, your pages will still work. If you decide to take advantage of new
features in the new browsers, then your use of these features should degrade
gracefully into browsers that don't support those features.

Of course, this all assumes that browser manufacturers conform with W3C
guidelines as well.

Mark Howells
Working in a Winter Wonderland
http://www.mark.ac