[thelist] Another Way To Determine If You Should Support Old Browsers

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Wed Dec 12 04:16:39 CST 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Absolutely, Pat.

However, the one danger to be aware of is if your site makes life difficult
for users with a specific browser/OS, they'll be under-represented - it's
a self-fulfilling prophesy.

So part of the analysis is a bit of thought around:
"Does the low number of (eg) Netscape/Mac users mean
a) Our market (potential customers) doesn't use Netscape/Mac
or
b) Our market *does* use Netscape/Mac, but we're just serving them
   badly?"

Cheers
Martin

To:   thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject:  [thelist] Another Way To Determine If You Should Support Old
      Browsers

While I don't pretend to be an expert on this issue, for me, the issue of
supporting old browsers come down to this: Exactly what browsers are my
clients *customers* using?

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
computer.