[thelist] home page max size

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Dec 12 13:47:59 CST 2001

One approach may be to get the client to commit to what low-end systems and
browsers they'll want to display on, and then show them the results of
testing. An older laptop with a modem can be handy for such demos.

(This doesn't have to be done with the finished page... a suitable mockup
can let the client weigh the tradeoffs themselves, before signing off on
the final spec.)

btw, I've been seeing long page delays recently due to waiting on ad
servers... this may become a hotter issue over coming months.

jd