[thelist] permissions problem with new IIS5 setup

/cdj chris at fuzzylizard.com
Wed Dec 12 17:33:04 CST 2001

Okay, here is a dumb question, but, after you set up the server did you
move the files into it or did you copy them in. If you move them then
IIS will ask for authentication in order to view them. The files retain
the permissions they had on the last folder which did not include
internet permissions. Whereas, when you copy the files, they inherit the
permissions of the folder they are being copied to.

This is something that used to drive me crazy.

If this is the case, simply copy the files into the IIS directory from
where ever they are stored on your computer.

/chris