[thelist] pop up windows without javascript

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Dec 12 18:23:05 CST 2001

> Can I create server side pop-ups rather using JavaScript pop-ups?
> I have a client who wants pop-ups on their site, but after I created
> them I discovered that they are fond users of pop-up killer applications.
> So they still want pop-ups but want to satisfy the people with the pop-up
> killers too.  Can it be done?

hi peter

wanting to swim without having to go into the water? nah, sounds like the
lonely lament of the i-want-to-sit-around-the-house-and-stuff-myself-on-
burgers-and-fries-and-drive-everywhere-but-still-lose-weight folks

server side popups?  i don't think so -- windows are controlled by the
browser

you could try dhtml with hidden/visible layers

here's an example of a navigation menu that doesn't use any javascript,
just dom listener events  --

    http://and.doxdesk.com/software/js/menu.html

okay, a nav menu is a far cry from a popup window, but you get the idea..

rudy