[thelist] home page max size

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Dec 13 00:54:52 CST 2001

>i've never encountered any that didn't support that standard of setting a
>cookie for the domain and all subdomains using the dot-prefixed method --
>".domain.com".  can you provide a list of browsers that "get screwed up"?

No.

Maybe it was a CF or PHP issue ... or maybe an issue with domains
that weren't .com, .net, .org, .mil or .gov. But it was on this list
that someone had a problem the solution to which was to set two
identical cookies with different domains: one containing the www. one
not.

It was a while ago ... who knows, maybe I stopped reading the thread
before someone said "Why don't you just use .domain.com instead of
www.domain.com and domain.com?"

I just checked and I did make a site that redirected to www.* - it
was on a shared server and I think it was a cookie issue somehow ...
but you're probably right.

www is useless.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272