[thelist] mini xmas shopping rant

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 08:49:18 CST 2001

so, after surfing all over the web for xmas gifts, i'm told by my
brother that buy.com has cheap DVDs (feh)....

so i go to their site and amazed at the home page -- it has a world
map with the USA and the UK highlighted, but with *radio buttons*
underneath each and a go *button*...

on top of that, there's a checkbox offering the option to make my
selection permanent...

can anybody out there give me a good reason why the radio button,
button click approach is better than just making the country a link?
 doesn't the country provide a better hit size?  isn't it less clicks?
can't the checkbox be assumed as long as you provide the user an
option to back out of the current country site at any time?

really, folks, what am i missing here?