[thelist] mini xmas shopping rant

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 09:26:03 CST 2001

> From: Steve Cook <steve.cook at evitbe.com>
>
> Perhaps they think it improves accessibility within text browsers...

when it actually does just the opposite...

in a screen reader (using WebTalkit), it takes longer to find the
elements on the page...

in Lynx (centered, too, not left-aligned as below):
[INLINE]
[INLINE] (*) United States
[INLINE] ( ) United Kingdom
[INLINE] [  ] [INLINE] Make my selection permanent and don't
show me this page again. Go

seems like they could have tested that idea... no real explanation,
too many tabs and enter hits...

i'm just trying to figure out how such big sites can be so daft, and
they're not the only ones... Yahoo! stores are now the bane of my
existence...

ugh... *this* is why i hate xmas -- but then, i refuse to go to the
mall anytime after thanksgiving, so this is my punishment...