[thelist] Popup window blank in IE 5.5

joseph gannon ganemanrussell at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 09:44:19 CST 2001

Hi encountered strange behavior with popup windows
using IE 5.5. For some reason it returns a blank page
instead of rendering it. This occurs on several web
sites, (for example click the View Results under QUCK
VOTE at  http://www.cnn.com/) as opposed to just a
particular page. So it doesnt appear to be the code
from just a particular page. Others employees here
have been able to view the popup windows on their
computers with no problemo. So it doesnt seem like it
is widespread, but isolated.

So, I am wondering if the problem is:

security related issue (I am conecting to the web via
a corporate firewall.)

a problem with IE 5.5. I havent been able to test this
with Netscape. But perhaps a reinstall might be in
order?

NOTE: The browser security settings are set to IE
standard default.

ANy thoughts would be appreciated.

73

Joe