[thelist] PHP 4.1.0 Install Question

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Thu Dec 13 09:49:24 CST 2001

> My  question  is  this:  can this new release just be installed
directly over an older
> (4.0.6) version? What's the best way to do this on a Windows box?

Yes, you can install over it - if you want to be doubly certain that
you're keeping the new version, just delete the php/ directory from your
computer - the files that are installed have the same filenames so you
shouldn't have to re-config.

The installation software will ask you if you want to keep your existing
php.ini [usually found within the system root - if you've made any
modifications to it prior to upgrading to 4.1.0, select yes.

Voila

-m