[thelist] javascript question (easy?)

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:40:17 CST 2001

See http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?findpos.html

>PS the reason I'm doing this, if you missed my last message, is
>I'm trying to detect the fact that quicktime is installed but
>plugins are disabled.  There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast
>way to do this, so I'm attempting to check for the position of
>the images that would be underneath the large QT section.

Try the script at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?flash.html . This
is a Flash detect, but below on the page are instructions to detect other
plugins. Please note that this doesn't work for most plugins, but Quicktime
hasn't been tried yet. If it works, let me know.

ppk