[thelist] Cold Fusion - using onClick to submit a form with hidden fields

William Kolean williamkolean at mac.com
Thu Dec 13 11:21:39 CST 2001

I am having trouble using onClick in an href to execute JavaScript code and
then submit a form using Cold Fusion 4.5. It works fine until I add hidden
form fields, and then I get a JavaScript "Object doesn't support this
property or method" error. After doing a google search I found a partial
solution using <a href="javascript.eventInput.submit()"
onClick="updateParentID()">Update</a>, however this only works if the href
is outside of the form tags. Does anyone have any idea how I could modify
this to work when it is placed inside the form tags?

William
williamkolean at mac.com