[thelist] Netscape 6.2 on Mac

David Mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Dec 13 15:56:06 CST 2001

Hi, all --

Just a heads-up. Don't know if this has been discussed (didn't find it
in the archive).

We check browser versions on our intranet, and noticed that suddenly NS
6.2 Mac couldn't get in (we're checking for 4.08 or greater). After a
bit of puzzling, we realized that it's identifying itself as "Netscape
0.9", even though 6.1 Mac didn't. (Windows is fine, haven't checked any
other platforms.)

So if you're requiring 4.08 or higher, you might want to double check
your script. We haven't decided what we're going to do yet.

[ if (b="Netscape") and ((v >= "4.08") or (v = "0.9")) ] let 'em
through, I guess.

Is this something that should be reported to the Mozilla team or to
Netscape tech support?

thanks
David