[thelist] pop-up alternative (was:home page max size)

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Thu Dec 13 17:25:40 CST 2001

> you can have your javascript popups without breaking the site for
> non-js users.  the solution is to make sure you link to the document
> in your <a> tag, like this:
>
> <a
>  href="some_doc.html"
>  target="resources"
>  onclick="return openWindow(this.href, this.target)"
> >Some Document</a>

Damn, are you ever going to run out of new ways to handle pop-ups
for non-js users jeff? This must be about number 12 :)

I like this method best, it's slick. It also works for submitting a form
to the pop-up with
<form method=post
	action=some.cgi
	target=pop
	onSubmit="return openWindow(this.action, this.target)">

This is pretty condensed. I'm anxious to see how you improve on
this, which I'm sure you will....

keith