[thelist] Alternatives to Frames? (was: Jumping In With Both

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Fri Dec 14 05:34:06 CST 2001

Ok, I do not know how common this is, but here is a little thing that
happened to me the other day:

I moved to France not long ago, so my French skills are still very weak. I
was looking for an ISP to connect to from home, and decided to use google's
auto translation service ( http://www.google.com/language_tools ) to help me
surf through a few ISP web sits.

On of the ISP's sites used both frames and JavaScript to control them- which
totally broke google's service (I was unable to follow the links). What was
worse, is that the site used flash for some crucial information, which of
course google was unable to translate.

Obviously, that ISP would not get my business...

Again, I do not know how common this kind of scenario is, but looking at the
number of translation tools that keep popping up, I suspect that more and
more users will face similar problems.

Regards,
Shoshannah Forbes