[thelist] too many bots

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri Dec 14 08:41:11 CST 2001

At 06:02 AM 12/14/2001, Madhu wrote:
>There's a lesson in this. Don't try to be everything to everyone. It just
>doesn't work.

So true, Madhu. Goes for many things in this life.

>I'm curious: how many of you still use Altavista as your primary search
>engine, if you use it at all?

Not me. I seldom use it. There was a time when I used it a lot when it was
pretty good, though.

I was using Dogpile http://www.dogpile.com/ for quite some time, and that's
especially helpful for the link maintenance that I do (I'm nuts but I
maintain too many thousands of links for clients and my own sites). But for
maybe the past year, I suppose, I've been using Google. Only when I don't
find something at Google will I hop over to Dogpile. Dmoz.org has a good
directory, too, but I seldom use it for the link searches I mention above
but more for when I'm looking for specific topics about something.

Well, that's more than you ever wanted to know about my search engine
habits. ;-)

Warmly,
Shirley

--