[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

Chad Savage jg3_savage at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 10:30:58 CST 2001

--- Paul Backhouse <paul.backhouse at 2cs.com> wrote:
> Chad,
> 	find your target audience - who is the website
> actually for?

*snip*

*snip*

Thanks, both - I'm a little boggled at how many
about 1% are in response to my original questions ;)

I've come to hold the opinion that Netscape did itself
a great disservice by releasing Netscape 6 Beta in the
way that they did -- it *clearly* wasn't ready for
mass consumption, but it was promoted as if it were a
final release. As a result, when I realized that sites
that had been formatted to work in NS/IE 4+ on both
Mac and PC DIDN'T work in NS 6, I just about went
splodey*.

With the advent of NS 6.2 I'm starting to thaw a
little -- looks like they're trying to iron out the
bugs, and I don't hold grudges, but geez...

Anyhoo, thanks everybody that's responsed - I feel
much better and definitely more informed as I delve
into my re-design. I'm also realizing that, although I
started my first meager attempts at web design in 1997
and now do it for a living, there's a world of stuff
I've never really gotten into
(Graphic-design-for-print and illustration background)
that I really *should* get into...

Chad

*splodey - v. To explode in a comic or entertaining
fashion. [See also: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac,
Invader Zim, Jhonen Vasquez]

That's when I gave up on Netscape.

=====
§    chad savage