[thelist] Alternatives to Frames?

Chad Savage jg3_savage at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 10:40:14 CST 2001

--- Jon Hall <jonhall at ozline.net> wrote:
> I haven't read through the whole thread, because I'm
> lazy...but the best
> implementation I have seen of frames is a site which
> used iframes just like
> frames, and if the browser did not support iframes,
> it opened the main
> window in a popup with minimum chrome, positioned
> exactly where the the
> frame would be. This allowed them to keep the nav in
> the lower window, but
> always visible and always accessible...
>
> jon

Interesting... but do iFrames have the same problems
as frames? i.e., inability to bookmark them, search
engine snafus, all that stuff?

The iFrame tag is still new to me, and I'm curious
about what its strengths/limitations are. The main
thing I can see that it has over 'regular' frames is
the ability to position it within a page much more
concisely and gracefully... but as I understand it,
the iFrame tag is not supported by NS4.+?

I keep trying to get you people to talk about this, to
no avail... ;)

Chad

=====
§    chad savage