[thelist] Alternatives to Frames?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 12:04:02 CST 2001

> From: "Vic Wooten" <vicwooten at eaglewebservices.com>

vic, your name looks like it would be fun to say out loud...

[...]
> > iframe is not supported by NN4.x-, which means if you use it, not
> > only is it a frame, but it's a frame that cuts all NN4.x- users, as
> > well as a few other browsers...
>
> But is "nonetheless", an acceptible html 4.0 element...according to
> the Worldwide Web Consortium!

that's not the point, though... the question was about its
strengths/limitations, and it's biggest limitation is that *support* for
this element is lower than support for regular frames...

> My question is, "When will all browser makers build browsers that
> render pages designed using accepted html specifications so that 'we'
> do not have to concern ourselves with rendering differences"?

erm, they're doing it, granted, not perfectly, but they're doing it... or
is this rhetorical?  sounds like it's more rhetorical...