[thelist] CSS quest... gesundheit!

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Dec 14 12:36:26 CST 2001

Friends,

I'm not much of a CSS star... I can only just get by.

Now, I'm looking to squeeze 3 divs into a td element, side by side, using
the float: left and float: right block modifiers (don't know "official"
names). I've set each one to 30% width, which I assume means 30% of the
containing element's inside width.

The first one and second one have a float of left.

The last, a float of right.

The only way they all display properly, is if I set the width to 1%... but
it makes the text a little, well, long.

I found some good testing sites in google, but none seemed to help me out:

http://www.richinstyle.com/test/positioning/floatfloat.php

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/css2tests/display.html

(great site ppk!)

and... this came closest of all:
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/sec414

Example 3 is what I want...

... but it looks as if my browser renders some of the tests incorrectly. (I
also notice that p elements, and not div elements are used... hmmm)

Oh, yea, IE 5.01, complete control over browser.

<rory disposition="thankful as ever" alt="8)"/>