[thelist] CSS Issues

noah noah at tookish.net
Sun Dec 16 01:46:27 CST 2001

>Although you've found an answer, I find it worth noting that IMMEDIATELY
>before reading this call for help, I read this article on CSS, DTD's,
>DOCTYPE's, and IE6:
>
>http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol4/html_no22.htm

The last paragraph of this article is great:

"So how exactly does our demo page violate the rules for the new rendering
engine? Space doesn't allow us to cover our violations in this issue. In
future issues, we'll cover each specific error and show you how to avoid it."

I guess they ran out of room on their hard drive. They really wanted to
explain the specific violations, but those extra few hundred bytes wouldn't
fit. Space just didn't allow it.

<tip type="WS-FTP LE">

If you're using the old (but very reliable) WS-FTP LE to transfer files
from your computer to a server in a time zone other than yours, the program
will often incorrectly identify files on the server as being more recent
versions than the ones on your computer; if you're transferring
directories, the files might not be transferred at all. To avoid this,
uncheck "Don't transfer older or same files during directory transfers" in
Options -> Pro.

</tip>