[thelist] IE font size setting can be changed by page content ?

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Sun Dec 16 13:03:26 CST 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:21:45 -0800, Pat Meeks wrote:

>[...] in IE5.5 you can change the size of the font by holding down CTRL and
>using the mouse wheel. Sometimes this happens accidentally when a person
>scrolls on a page.

Yes, I know that. However, I am the only user of my computer and use
the wheel zoom function extensively in other apps (e.g.. Visio), but
never in IE (it gives no instant feedback on how far the zoom goes).

A good idea has given Seb: it might be Outlook Express that makes this.
I use OE only for newsgroups reading, therefore I can easily pay
attention and maybe track the setting switch moment.

All this makes me worried about one thing: if this is a spread issue, then,
say, 5% from all visitors, have the chance to see a wrong font size, without
knowing it is possible to change the size of what they see ?
How do you generally struggle against this ?

Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
    Cristi