[thelist] text-align:left and I.E. 6 (and now NN4.7)

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sun Dec 16 22:03:41 CST 2001

Dig (I think). I'm going to experiment on my own site. In the meantime, I used ppk's and rudy's suggestion of eliminating the URI from the DTD and removing text-align: left ; altogether for the client's site.

So if I'm understanding you right, the master.css file (from the code on your algonquin page) would be the complete CSS remote file **without** the p,td {text-align: left ;} reference. and the @import "navbars.css" file would be the complete CSS remote file **with** the {text-align: left ;} reference included since NN4.7 doesn't recognize this file to begin with. And, I would leave the URI in. And there would be no reference in the body of the individual pages to style=text-align: left .I'm using the same DTD and URI as you do.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="master.css">

<!--
 @import "navbars.css";
-->

Am I digging?

Would I also need to include the javascript you have directly underneath or does this refer to something else?
<.script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<.!--

if (top.location != self.location) {
 top.location = self.location
}

// -->
<./script>

By the way, the Algonquin Studios Home page is beautiful, simply beautiful...as is the entire site. And easy to navigate too.

sharon