[thelist] width=90% is larger than expected and a horinzontalscroll bar appears.

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 17 12:39:34 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Howells <mark at mountain.ch>

> - Have you defined any margins or padding on the body tag in the stylesheet?

NO

> - If you use "width=100%" in a table inside a frameset in IE6, use
> scrolling="yes" in the frameset. Using "auto" will always give you a
> horizontal scrollbar.

I did that, thanks for the tip. I believe it's not only 100% since I was using
90%

> - Using valid markup will help - check your code for mistakes at
> <http://validator.w3.org>.

It was doing an awful score, so many errors.. I prefered to follow Tony's tip on
removing the DOC type declaration altogether.

After those 2 things, it works perfectly, I even set the width to 98% instead of
90%, so it's nicer.
I don't which of the two made it work since I did them at the same time, I
already spent too much time on this phorum 3.3.1a upgrade :-(

http://www.toulonparadise.com  FORUM works good now thanks to evolters !

But I suspect the one to be the scrolling="yes" tip since I had no scrolling
parameter when it wasn't working.

Thank you.