[thelist] Access join query failing

noah noah at tookish.net
Tue Dec 18 15:16:45 CST 2001

At 04:04 PM 18/12/2001, rudy wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong with my JOIN?
>
>nothing
>. . .
>*are* there actually any matching keys?

This may be of no help (if not, sorry), but it's something I've run into a
number of times, and I think it's probably good enough for a tip:

<tip type="Querying Test Databases">
When you're testing a site that queries a database and you find yourself
pulling your hair out over a SELECT statement that you're positive is
right, but that isn't working, double-check your data. If you quickly
entered a bunch of bogus data into the database for testing purposes, you
might have entered data that doesn't follow the specs of the data that
you're designing the query around, or that somehow causes what should be a
good query to break.
</tip>

Cheers,
Noah