[thelist] New Site -

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 07:19:24 CST 2001

> From: "Kris Hedstrom" <webdev at komputerart.com>
>
> come on..98% of  internet users have Flash installed. Why not use
> something that is more interesting than standard html. I can't see why

except even if it were true that 98% of users have Flash installed
(and an adequate version at that), many users have their security
settings set to disable Flash by default...

> you are complaining about Flash, sure some sites are overly "flashy"
> but I don't think this one is . You can't please everyone. "Go
> download this piece of technology (Flash) that is totally irrelevant
> to buying a car, else you can't see this site about our car"...That is
> just ridiculus, go download this piece of technology (Internet) that
> is totally irrelevent to buying a car...give me a break

remember, that represents a user... there are people without Flash,
who don't have it for good reason...  just because you as a
developer don't have an issue with it doesn't mean that it's the
correct approach...

and if you respond to your users the same way you respond to
your peers, then you might have to rethink your approach to
development...