[thelist] new site:: nmachina.com

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 12:59:52 CST 2001

carole,

on Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 3:39:02 PM, carole wrote:

::
> check out a cool new site - http://nmachina.com -> builder of *dream
> machines* (workstations + servers) custome built for each customer.  this a
> new project I just completed and guess what?
::

Not entirely sure you're requesting a site check here or just telling
us that you've launched it.  But anyway the following is my first
impressions and opinion of it.

I absolutely hated the mouseover popup thingyUmmy's that happen when
you roll the mouse over the case study (etc) links, on the right hand
side.

1: the popup goes off the right hand side of the screen. - Though,  I
could maximise my window, I don't want to.  Though it seems I
would be forunate to have that option.  Anyone with less than 1024 x
768 is never going to see all of what it says on those rollovers!
Because even if I move the scrollbar all the way to the right THEN
rollover the link the scroll bar bounces back to the left.  Unless I'm
being unfair in refusing to maximise my window.

2: the way the horizontal scroll bars bounce around, when those rollover
thing's are rolled over....  *eugh*

I'm not keen on link text that appears in the status bar, being
different from the actual link.  I like to know where I'm going, when
I click something.

The text is not comfortable to read on alot of the pages where its
kind of fuzzy grey on IE5.5, but on N4.7 its got a solid colour
background, which looks untidy.

How much are the machines that are previewed in the case study's?
Some idea of price would go along way to changing that though!   Or
was that in the part of the rollover I couldn't see.....

--
hth
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk