designing for oneself. Re: [thelist] New Site -

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Wed Dec 19 15:47:43 CST 2001

>It is a natural tendency to design for oneself, to imagine that the
>audience is like oneself, but it is a bad habit.

Great comment! However I had to smile a bit.

Hmm let me see. If I were designing for myself, I would end up with absolutely no flash, no javascript, barely no cookies, almost no images.
I'd end up with a site containing information, easy to find, easy to navigate.
I'd end up with a site that would most probably be accessible to LOTs of people.

Marketing people would hate me though.

Nicole
who believes in the power of text.