[thelist] To those ones who can't wait (is: IP theft)

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Dec 20 15:07:59 CST 2001

At 1:02 PM 12/20/1, Miriam Frost wrote:
> Whoa, let's chill. While I agree with you that it wasn't so
> kosher... please let's not call it "an act of violence."
> That's a bit *too* hyperbolic.

No, it was a forced, non-consensual relationship. It may not be physical
violence, but it is a use of force: "I can do this, and I bet you can't
stop me."

What's unfortunate for all concerned is that they do have legal grounds to
stop such theft, and it can seem like a disproportionate reply should you
win the lottery and get nabbed.

Key concept: Do you form agreements with others, each party of their own
free will? Or do you take from them without their consent? Do you use
consensus, or coercion?

jd