[thelist] Memory question

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Fri Dec 21 04:53:28 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "sfmalo" <sfmalo at msn.com>
Subject: [thelist] Memory question

> Question: Would it be best to install a 256Mg DIMM
> or should I buy another 128Mg one? And should it
> be a PC 133 instead of a PC 100? I'm using Win98SE.

Dimms dont need to be in pairs so why not just add a 256mb dimm to the 128mb
one? The memory will only operate as fast as the slowest memory in there
AFAIK - I have PC100s and PC133s in my machine with no ill effects.

I know win98 has problems with a load of memory - I seem to remember that
its a gig, but I'm not sure (a mate had to disable a certain amount of
memory is his machine to run win98 and I think he has 1.5gb)

Olly.