[thelist] new site:: nmachina.com

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 12:15:18 CST 2001

[apologies if this message is received twice, it hasn't appeared on
thelist so far, and I sent it hours ago]

carole,

on Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 7:28:16 PM, carole wrote:

::
> tx kristina for your comments - I appreciate them.
::
your welcome :-)

::
> I'm not too hot about the alt text box for exactly the reasons you give -
> which is that the status bar moves and it flies off the screen.
::
perhaps if they were moved to the left (somehow) then the horizontal
scroll bar wouldn't bounce around.

::
>> I'm not keen on link text that appears in the status bar, being
>> different from the actual link.  I like to know where I'm going, when
>> I click something.

> well this is a choice made - that can vary from client to client - as well
> as to browsers supported (5.x up), and size of fonts.
::
Entirely my own preference.  To be fair I'm not that sure that many users
(apart from developers/designers) even notice that bit.  Countless
times I've sat beside people and encouraged them to keep an eye on
that bottom area of the window, so they have an idea of what is going on
with the loading of a page.  The complete looks of bewilderment along
with nods of 'yes of course I do that' I get are amazing.

::
> pricing is available upon request of a quote - these machines are really
> customized for each client and may vary substantially... but yet they are
> affordable, in view of the quality of parts chosen - if you keep in mind
> they are targeted towards professionals in specific fields (music, graphic,
> servers for HP or corporate networks).  don't hesitate to ask though.
::
Hmmm perhaps I didn't read the text, which is possibly due to a point
that Bill made about there being too much text.  Was all this made
clear in the text?

For me (as a potential client) to be truly interested in making any
further enquiries I would definitely need an idea of how much the
machines are.  At the very least the case study's should have a figure
- even if its a, starting from X amount.

Also something that is affordable - is pretty vague, affordable to
whom? Something that is affordable to Bill Gates is very likely to be
extremely un-affordable to me!!

--
hth
 kristina