[thelist] Can you give me the best xmas present ever? javascript

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Dec 24 06:31:40 CST 2001

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, John Ward wrote:

> HELP 'make my day'
>
> Please could you help me I have a java-scriptthat
> keeps coming back & saying,
>
> location is not an object
>
> Please see below:
>
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=java-scriptgt;
> <!--
> function fnChangeFrame(frmName, frmSrc) {
>   var objFrame = top[frmName];

...Probably because this reference to 'top' is incorrect.

top.frames[frmName] will probably work, and window.top.frames[frmName]
will definitely work.  (I say "probably" on the former only because I've
been traumatized by Netscape and refuse to truncate anything, meaning that
I've never referred to window.top as just top and don't know how that
reference behaves.)

> I cannot figure out what is wrong, having now tried
> for 8 weeks, but search engines don't seem to like it.

Of course not.

Search engine spiders don't grok frame src's.  A redirect or sitemap link
between NOFRAMES tags should solve that problem, though.

HTH
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."