[thelist] Colouring email (was: Offtopic: Outlook - dumb question)

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Tue Dec 25 19:51:13 CST 2001

Forgive me if I don't understand, but if you're trying to move
mail from "foo at ..." to a specific folder, the rule that works for
me (in Outlook 2k) is:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
(Check messages when they arrive)
from [here you should put the exact name(s) as they are in you
      Address Book]
(from people or distribution list)
move it to the [name_of_folder]
(move it to the specified folder)
[add exceptions if wanted]

Now, highlight that folder and choose:

Tools -> Organize -> Using Colors ->

and fill in the appropriate options.  This works for me.
NOTE: I've found that sometimes Outlook 2k will ignore a rule
now and then.  Killing and restarting the program usually
reactivates that rule.

-Hugh