[thelist] [Cold Fusion Question]

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Dec 28 16:28:53 CST 2001

> Are there any other methods that can be used to redirect a person
> to another page inside CF (without using Javascript)?

hi chris

this may not fit your current problem ("using CFLocation pretty extensively
throughout our site"), but the answer your question is yes

cfinclude can accomplish a "redirection" in the sense that you can choose
the page that you want to "end up" on

every time i've seen cflocation, its action has been predicated upon some
decision, usually in a <cfif> -- e.g. has the user logged in?  if not,
cflocation to login page

you can take exactly the same strategy but use cfinclude instead, to
cfinclude the login page rather than "going" there

if you see what i mean

;o)

rudy