[thelist] The use of color (was site header and logo)

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 30 12:07:29 CST 2001

Heather, I too, am interested in the use of colors, even if I haven't much
theory to base myself on.
In my sites I tend to use randomness to choose colorization
I choose randomly the base color, then I change the luminosity for others
gradients.

I'd like to know a simple algorythm to pass from an RGB value
R = 0-255
G = 0-255
V = 0-255
to its complementary color.

I've read somewhere that I should transform RGB into HSV and then make some
angles rotation and then convert back to RGB.
I have no idea what HSV is yet, but would you know of a simple way of
obtaining the complementary color from a RGB color ?

my site which uses dynamic colorization the most is
http://www.toulonparadise.com it's in french but it's secondary in this
matter.

Cordialement,

__ Alliax         ~CV : http://LingoParadise.com/cv.php