[thelist] Strange ASP / IE Behavior

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Wed Jan 2 11:19:17 CST 2002

Happy New Year Gurus!

I have a head scratcher here. Our web site (http://www.thermon.com) is
viewable from everywhere in the world with the exception of some of our
Chinese associates. Their attempts to access the page/site leave them with
a blank HTML page with the browser's response in IE being "Done".

All of the pages are generated via ASP, so I created an HTML replica of one
ASP page (http://www.thermon.com/default2.html) and found that they could
access that page just fine. (I was following a rather obscure lead on
this.) They had been able to view the site previously.

Here is what I could find out;

IE v5.00
Some are using Windows 98, Chinese, some WinNT, some W2K.
We had someone else use the same ISP and they were able to access the site.

I have been researching and pulling on my hair for over a week. It's not a
MIME type issue, it's not a header issue, and it's not a cache problem of
some sort as far as I can tell. I asked if they had made any changes
recently and I was told that they had not. Has anyone seen this problem before?

TALIA!

Jay Blanchard