[thelist] Writing articles for evolt.org (was: The use of color)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jan 2 13:39:58 CST 2002

At 01:48 PM 1/2/2002, thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org typed these words:
> > Hi, Ben.
> >
> > Your color knowledge goes way beyond mine.  Would you be willing to
> > write an Evolt article on color on the web?
>
>Erm, my formal training in the subject is exactly... zero.  If I read like
>any kind of expert, it's because I write well.  *grin*
>
>For me to do justice to the subject would probably require several days of
>research that I don't have; I'm positively swamped right now.  :-(

Since we're discussing writing articles, and various reasons that people
don't or can't, I'd like to make a few suggestions:

1) If you've got an idea for an article and think that you're not very good
at writing, don't put it off. There are members in the admin and theforum
lists who are willing to help you out with style, structure, and
formatting. Send in your article ideas or drafts. Please. (Use the contact
form at: http://evolt.org/contact/index.html )

2) If your article is too elementary or too advanced, don't let that stop
you either. Evolt's members range from novices to masters. Whatever skill
level you're aiming for, chances are that some people will find it useful.
Also, a guru on one topic may want to learn more about another. An XML guru
might be really interested in learning about colour theory and vice-versa,
for instance.

Lastly, if you're interested in helping decide evolt.org's future, join
theforum, the list where ideas whiz through faster than speeding bullets ;)

If you actually want to lend a hand with the evolt.org development work,
the list to join is thesite.

Oh, and somebody wanted an easy way to find complementary colours. That's
simple. Go to:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online

It will help you find complementary, triad, analogous colours, etc. The
related tutorial page is at: http://www.colorschemer.com/tutorial2.html

I saved the web page to my hard disk so I could use it offline too.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon