[thelist] PHP Includes

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Wed Jan 2 14:15:14 CST 2002

|I know this is an old warning, but using variables in this fashion is very
|risky.
|
|Here's what php.net had to say about the new system:
|
|To help users build PHP applications with register_globals being
|off, we've
|added several new special variables that can be used instead of the old
|global variables. There are 7 new special arrays:

OK...but I don't understand the 'risky' part of it. Do you mean from a
security perspective, or from a reliability perspective?

The concept of sending variables to a .php page via QS is one of the very
first things I learned in my php adventures, and I continue to work scripts
that way. Is there a better way? Got any resources?

thanks,
John