[thelist] Awstats cronjob problem

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Wed Jan 2 18:24:59 CST 2002

Hello all.  First, if you haven't looked at Awstats, go take a look.  NICE
program.

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

Now to the problem......
I have installed and configured awstats for my server. Everything is
running fine with the exception that I cannot get awstats to update via
cron.  This is what I have in my crontab - /home/httpd/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
-config=myconfig -update

This is the error that I get - Error: Couldn't open config file
"awstats.209.61.158.9.conf" nor "awstats.conf" : No such file or directory

Awstats will update if I run the update command from the cgi-bin directory
via telnet.

I searched the awstats forums and tried the 2 suggestions that I found. One
was to use the full path for DirData and the other was to make the datadir
writable. Neither fix the problem.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

CDitty

<tip>
Try awstats.  You won't be sorry.  Very easy setup.
</tip>