[thelist] Understanding my stats

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Fri Jan 4 12:17:46 CST 2002

Hello all,

With all that was going on with the internet and everything else, I haven't
paid much attention to my stats for my site.  Needless to say, I have
forgotten alot about how this works.  Can someone tell me if my
interpretation is correct?

Unique visitors - 25,707
Number of visits - 75,234 - 3 visits/visitor
Pages - 1,216,471 - 16 pages/visit
Hits - 7,339,708 - (97.55 hits/visit)

 From what I can remember, Uniques are the most important.  Then comes page
views. (atleast that used to be the case.)  Hits is pretty much useless
because that is every single request of page, graphics, whatever.

How am I doing?

Now, to get the average daily traffic, I divide the figures above by number
of days.  This gives me...

Uniques: 98,873
Page Views: 46,787
Visits: 2,893

Is all this correct?  Are these stats considered good anymore?

Are there any good current resources out there that help forgetful people?
with stuff like this?

Thanks

Chris