[thelist] RegEx Fun

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jan 4 16:24:02 CST 2002

At 02:09 PM 1/4/2002, .jeff wrote:
>howdy evolters,
>
>i need some assistance from those of you with more confidence with regular
>expressions than i have.  i'm looking to create a couple that will strip
>substrings from a longer string.  i have 3 patterns i'd like to match and
>remove, if found.  the one caveat is that i'm using coldfusion and am
>therefore limited to it's regex rules.

Jeff...

Wouldn't it be easier to use the built in Query String parsing? With ASP,
Perl, PHP there are built in or customizable functions that will parse the
Query String into it's respective key=>value pairs. I don't know what
ColdFusion has.

Then you can interrogate the key=>value pairs with out having to resort to
overly complex RegEx.

If I'm completely missing the boat here - leave me on the shore to fend for
myself.

---
Anthony Baratta
President