[thelist] Visio Web Site Map feature

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jan 4 19:16:29 CST 2002

OK, I've *just* started using Visio (as of yesterday), so I'm at
the utter bottom of the learning curve, but ...

The Web site mapping capability seems like a great thing but it
creates a rather "spready" diagram. Doubleclicking on an HTML or
ASP icon collapses or expands the node (hides or displays links
"below" it). Cool, that helps a lot.

Unfortunately, I don't use ASP or many static .html pages;  most
of my pages have extensions of .jsp (or .php). I can add JSP to the
map dialog (under Extensions) but can't see a way to give it the
same behavior as an ASP or HTML link.

And if I try to add it as an extension under ASP or HTML I'm curtly
informed "This criteria cannot be modified." Arrgghhh.

Any fixes? Failing that, any favored resources for Visio questions?

/* version: Visio Professional 2002 */

TIA!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --