[thelist] SQL Query : using Group By and Order By together

Joel Lieberman joel_lieberman at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 16:22:53 CST 2002

You're correct about needing the "type" in the order
by clause (Doh!!)  Also, turnips and carrots aren't
really animals either <g>

I have been actively using the PL/SQL environment
params (like BREAK ON) to set up all kinds of nicely
indented web-based data displays.  You don't even need
to bother about it because the content is pre-massaged
before being delivered to the browser <TD> sets.  In
fact, you could say that SQL isn't even involved -
just the PL/SQL environment declarations.

I can't publish the stuff to show you for
confidentiality reasons, but if you want to contact me
at joel_lieberman at yahoo.com I can explain a little
further.

Thanks again dudes -

This is a really great group of energetic people!

Best - Joel

<http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/ateQuestionNResponse/0,289625,sid13_c