[thelist] Web Forms to Access DB?

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Mon Jan 7 12:25:51 CST 2002

Hi Annie,

Answers:

1) You can do this with UltraDev, or any other plain text editor for that
matter
2) Although I am not a fan of MS Access, it should be fine for that level of
user interaction
3) An experienced developer should be able to complete this in a week
barring any unforseen problems (there always are) and feature creep (again,
there always is...)
4) That depends...(sorry, can't be more specific!) anywhere between 30/hr -
100/hr depending on how fast/good/experienced you are
5) First of all, pick a technology to use. I'm assuming here that you're not
bound to a specific technology, so your main choices are PHP, ASP, CGI/Perl,
ColdFusion. Ideally choose whichever one you're most comfortable with.
Since you're likely using Access then I would suggest ASP. You'll need to be
somewhat comfortable with SQL to pull this off. If you're using ASP I would
suggest using a COM email component as oppossed to IIS CDONTS for
programatically sending out emails.

Dave