[thelist] Achieve tabled images-style layout with CSS - HELP!

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Mon Jan 7 16:43:28 CST 2002

Matt,

> You're going to need to put your images in separate DIV's in order to lay
them flush against each other. you need to actually assign left and top
positions to each and every image in order to do what you're trying to do,
not just throw
> them all in one div, which is basically just like putting them in a
regular HTML page, and

    I'm not aware of any reason to put every image within a separate div,
nor to assign top and left values to every image. Now, if he were trying to
accommodate Netscape 4.x and wanted to individually move the images around
the page, maybe. But based on my understanding of what he is trying to do,
so long as he specifies appropriate dimensions for his div, his approach
should work.

James Aylard