[thelist] PHP webhosting with root access

// kerin | airside.co.uk kerin at airside.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 05:06:02 CST 2002

Hi all,

We're looking to move our company's site to a new host. We're PHP/mySQL
based, and we need the ability to recompile PHP and Apache, or at least
be able to specify how they are compiled initially. We also need the
ability to host multiple sites on the same account, using Apache virtual
hosts.

so far the only option I've found is Media Temple's appliance server :
<http://www.mediatemple.net/services/web_hosting/as/>

This does seem excellent, but it might be a bit on the expensive side,
and ideally we'd like to go with someone based in the UK.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or is Media Temple the only company
who offers this kind of hosting?

Thanks,

Kerin Cosford
Codemonkey