[thelist] site review: portfolio petervandijck.net

Peter Van Dijck peter.vandijck at vardus.com
Tue Jan 8 06:23:41 CST 2002

Thanks for all the positive comments! I've responded to a few different
emails in this one.

>(PS: I love the portfolio too Peter. . . . .I may steal your format for my
own someday. . . )

Please do! I did an initial version which was crap, but got some good IA out
of that: who is the target audience of the portfolio, what is it supposed to
achieve, what are common tasks, ...

> could I take a lot of ideas from it for mine?
Yes please do :)

> on the publications page, i wouldn't want prospective employers to leave
the portfolio to read them, i'd rather send them to a new page
[target="_blank">]

I think I'll just rely on the back button for this one, but thanks for the
suggestion!

> Absolutely - what's the job of the resume? It's not to get you the job;
> it's to get you the interview.

Agreed. And the job of the portfolio is the same.

> Yes - I think there's a critical mass of being a speaker/author where you
> get ...

So are you saying that putting speaker/author elements in there makes me
seem "too guru like"? I did it because I'm going for a job in the US and it
seems more the thing to do there.

And finally: I may well have time for evolt now that I'm quitting... I'll
see if I can help :)

Peter