[thelist] Coldfusion: getting javascript variables

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 9 01:25:26 CST 2002

> what's the *exact* output you get.  i don't get what you mean
> when you say it only displays var name.

When I mean var name, I mean this:

#form.test#

Just the variable, no indication of what the value is for it.

> what method are you using to send the data to the cf
> template?  get or post?

I created a sample page to test setings and below doesn't work (however
CF docs say cold fusion is running properly).

<form name="foo" method="post" action="test.cfm">  //points to itself
<input name="test" value="testing display">
<input type="submit">
</form>

<cfoutput>
#form.test#